Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Del Monte Milk Barn

http://mcweekly.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2012/07/11/edible_t440x600.jpg?84e7dc0a3f37971c3f690a233b3cc6836c00a706
The Del Monte Milk Barn, located in today's Carmel Valley Village, dates to 1890 when William Hatton built an auxiliary dairy, which included the milk barn. The ventilation tower atop the roof allowed fresh milk to cool rapidly.

From: Carmel Valley By Elizabeth Barratt, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment