Thursday, September 24, 2009

facebook Carmel Valley: Valley Swimming Holes

Valley Swimming Holes

"Porter's Pool was a good one just up the river from Rosie's.

Porter's Pool was awesome with the swing off the top of the cliff, and always the threat of a lamprey eel below!

I do believe I got a 2nd degree sunburn at Porter's Pool.

I lived in one of the those houses right next to Porter's Pool, a gray house with a deck that had a tree growing thru it. My friends and I use to dive off that cliff all the time. We built forts out of river stone and drift wood and caught crawdads and cooked them up right there. It was an idyllic childhood. And then there was the lampreys..."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=30978417967&topic=5839

2 comments:

  1. Is this the one on El Potrero (lower circle)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my grandparents had a house right across from it.

      Delete